Your benefit advisor should be available to assist you ensure the optimum level of quality for your employee benefits program.
The factors determining the quality of your benefit coverage depends on the following:
- Objectives of your benefit program. While each organization is unique, the most common benefit objectives are attracting, motivating and retaining competent staff, managing cost and developing corporate culture.
- Needs, desires, expectations of various segments of your workforce. A survey of your staff can reveal opportunities for better meeting their needs.
- Quality of benefits offered by your peer employers. A labour market benefit survey of your peer employers (industry, geography, size) can provide insight.
- Funds available in your benefit budget. The capacity of your benefit may limit the comprehensiveness of coverage.
- Availability of products and services for your size and industry. Not all benefit products and features are available to all size groups or industries.